Wednesday, May 4, 2016

As Expected – Front Room May 2016

As expected, I made very little progress on the front room during April.  I mentioned in last month’s blog that I would likely be overworked and exhausted, which was pretty much the case.  I did manage to unpack one big box full of board games and puzzles.  The ones that belonged to my stepson were taken downstairs to his toy shelves.  The rest were stacked on the second little white shelf in the front room to wait for final organization.  The box itself went out with the recycling.  I honestly think that was all the work I did.  Some stuff was moved around a bit over the month, but I do not think I actually went through anything else.  The comparison pictures are below, April on the left, May on the right.

I have high hopes that May will be the turning point for the project.  Although there is still some potential for disasters until we file with the SEC at the end of the month, (fingers crossed) I should mostly be done with the fiscal year-end work.  Now I should have more time to focus on other things.  My first goal for May is to finish cleaning out the room.  There are a few more boxes to go through, some things to move to different rooms, and scattered junk to put away.  My second goal is to finish the design phase of the project.  I need to visit Crate & Barrel still to see what type of furniture they offer.  I need to revisit the stores I liked the most, West Elm and Z Gallerie (and Crate & Barrel if it makes the cut), to get a good idea of what direction I want to go.  I need to measure and plan the furniture needed for the spaces.  Finally, I need to make some decisions on what to buy so I can start putting the room together.

I know this blog was pretty short, but I really did not have much to include in the update this time.  April was a brutal month (it always is).  May should be better.


See you next week!

  

  

  

  

PS - I think the pictures turn out better when I take them at night.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment