Thursday, August 4, 2016

Blah, Another Update – Front Room August 2016

It is time for another update, but I do not really have much progress to report.  As expected, my work schedule kept me from doing much in the front room.  At the end of the month, I chose to do some needed house chores like cleaning the bathroom instead of anything related to my project.  My husband did complete some work on one weekend, but he had a work trip at the end of the month that ate away a big chunk of his time.  Anyway, the comparison pictures are below, July 1st on the left and August 1st on the right.

The only work I personally did in the front room this month was to clear out the desk and move the remaining stuff along the wall in the office area.  Everything was distributed between the basement, the master bedroom, and my stepson’s room temporarily.  The remainder of the work on the room was completed by my husband.  He tore apart the now empty desk and hauled it away to the dump.  He painted another large section of the wall.  He also replaced the drywall tape, spackled, and sanded the remaining large wall.  Finally, he installed the new doorbell chime.  One more positive note, I continue to be happy with my paint choice and definitely can see how much brighter the room will be once it is completed.

Next month, I will try to get back on track.  I have made my husband commit to setting aside the next free weekend (which is two weekends from now) to finish all the painting.  We have the last large wall and some miscellaneous areas around the stairs to finish.  Also, the ceilings, doors, and baseboards need to be painted.  Then, the burden of work passes back to me.  I need to figure out my furniture configuration for the office side of the space.  I think I will feel so much better once I get some shelving in here and can start unpacking some of these boxes that are filling up all my free space elsewhere in the house.

I am considering if I should stop writing this as a monthly feature, seeing as half the time I do not make much progress from one month to the next.  I was hoping that the monthly reports would keep me motivated and focused, but I feel like I am wasting everyone’s time saying the same thing over and over again.  Would it be better for me to do something more sporadic, or even just before and after the project is completed?  I will see how I do next month.  If there is no progress, maybe I will just skip this feature until I have something to share.

See you next week!


  

  

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment