Thursday, December 8, 2016

The Holly Jolly Christmas Youtube Tag

I wanted to do something light-hearted and Christmasy for this week’s blog.  Questionnaires are always fun, so I thought this would be the perfect time for one.  I did a Google search on “Christmas Tag” and choose one of the first links that came out.  Curtesy of Kat Bouska, here is The Holly Jolly Christmas Youtube Tag in written form.  (http://www.mamakatslosinit.com/2014/11/holly-jolly-christmas-youtube-tag/)

Favorite Christmas movie?
I have two to share.  The first is White Christmas which was my favorite when I was little.  My cousins and I would pull this out a dozen times a year to watch.  We loved the musical numbers and the silly scenes between the two couples.  The second is The Holiday which is my favorite Christmas movie currently.  I think I have watched it every year since it was released, but I just never get tired of it.

Are you on the Naughty list or the Nice list?
I better be on the Nice list.  I work too hard to do all the responsible adult things in life.

Show us an embarrassing Christmas picture.
I honestly tried to find one, but I just do not have access to a lot of Christmas photos.  None of the ones tagged on my social media or in my phone really embarrass me.

Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Of course, I am from Pennsylvania.

Do you start your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or wait until the last minute?
Neither, I start my Christmas shopping early and try to be done by Black Friday.  I almost never make it, but I hurry to finish it as soon as possible.  Shopping malls in December are a nightmare in Northern Virginia.

If you could be in any Christmas movie what would it be?
I would be in The Holiday, and I do not even care which character I am (though I think I am more like Iris).  Part of my love for that movie is a desire to go someplace far away and live a fairy tale.

Name all of Santa’s reindeer.
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph

When does your family put up your Christmas tree and who decorates it?
We have not put up the Christmas tree in two years.  I am hoping we will get it up this weekend though.  It will be me and maybe my stepson decorating it.

Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
It is fake.  I am allergic to real ones.  Plus they make a big mess.

Peeking at gifts or be surprised?
I like to be surprised.  I peeked at my gifts once, when I was about twelve.  It was not as much fun that Christmas morning when I knew everything Santa had brought me.  I have never done it again.

Show us your ugly Christmas sweater if you have one.
Sorry, I will not own an ugly Christmas sweater.  Even if I received one from someone, I would just give it away.

If you could be under the mistletoe with anyone who would it be?
I want to be under the mistletoe with my husband of course (or maybe hot mailroom guy).

Does your family have a special holiday recipe you like to make?
No special recipes, but I continue the tradition of cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Christmas morning that my mom started with my sister and I.

Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I fail miserably.  I get things covered, but I cannot make everything look neat and pretty.

Have you ever gone Christmas caroling?
Yes, I went as a child with church groups and Girl Scouts troops.

What tops your tree?
I use a little red bow.  I tried to buy a star for it one year, but it ended up being too heavy to stay upright on the tree.  Since then, I have not spent much time looking for a tree topper and have not really come across one I felt like buying.

Do you make New Year’s Resolutions?  Do you stick to them?
I do not specifically make New Year’s Resolutions.  However, I constantly make new vows and goals throughout the year.  I try to stick with them, but I struggle to keep working on many of them consistently.

You have been granted one Christmas wish…what will it be?
That my cousin CP would feel better.  He has been struggling with cancer for the past year, and recently has had some new issues with treatment.  I want him to be home and happy with his family for Christmas this year.

What about you?  What are some of your Christmas favorites, traditions, and wishes?


See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment