Thursday, February 16, 2017

Two Looks: February 2017

This is a new feature that I hope to post every other month.  Each time I will post two looks that I have put together from my current wardrobe.  My biggest motivator is to challenge myself to think more closely about how I dress.  While I think my look has improved over the last couple of years, I still tend to fall into the frumpy category sometimes.  I hope this will be a fun way to start learning to put together complete outfits that I am proud to share with others in a fashion blog.  Part of me also just wants to add my unique voice to the everyday person’s fashion conversation.  I become frustrated with fashion bloggers who seem to buy way more clothes than I do, spend much more money than I can (and I am not on a particularly strict budget), and feature clothing that is too young, too casual, and/or too formal for my life.  While I do expect to do a mix of clothing styles, it will likely be heavily weighted toward work clothes rather than casual or dressy since I spend 5 out 7 days in a professional office environment.

Disclaimer:  This is my first time ever attempting anything like this.  Therefore, I request that you please forgive the amateurish photo work below.  The lighting was bad.  The photographer (my husband) was not particularly enthusiastic about my request nor does he have much practice taking style shots.  My posing is equally awkward because I was uncomfortable being a model and unknowledgeable about how to best show off my outfits.  My hope is that with some practice we will get better with the photo work.


Look 1:  Basic Work Outfit


Sweater:  Worthington (several years old, probably bought at JC Penney) I chose this because it is long-sleeved, but thin enough that I can layer cardigans over it if needed in the office.

Skirt:  Roz & Ali (several years old, probably Dress Barn) I like the heavier material for winter, and the textured pattern was a nice break from the solids I normally wear.  This skirt hits right at my knees which is where I try to stay for office wear.


Boots:  Impo (last year, DSW) These are one of my favorite recent shoe purchases.  These are so cute, but I still find them comfortable enough to wear all day.



Jewelry:  Most of this is old, and I am not sure where it was purchased.  The earrings are a Christmas gift from my mom, but unfortunately I do not know the brand.  I tend to stay pretty minimalist with my jewelry.  It just feel overdone to wear statement pieces to the office.


Look 2:  Jeans Day Friday - This outfit makes me feel tall and beautiful.


Shirt:  Grace Elements (Gift from my Mom couple years ago, my guess is Macy's) I actually hated this when I opened it, but it has become one of my favorite pieces.  I love the uneven hemline and the artsy look to it.



Boots:  Unisa (DSW, same boot in brown http://www.dsw.com/shoe/unisa+finli+bootie?prodId=363850) I love the strap detail on these.  Plus they are super comfortable.


Jewelry:  Again very basic items that I have owned for ages.


Other Information:

Hair:  Natural curl with John Frieda Curl Reviver Mousse

Face:  Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water, Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation in Fair Bisque, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Fair, Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder, Benefit Cosmetics Box o’Powder Blush in Dandelion, Neutrogena Healthy Volume Mascara in Black, LAQA & Co Sheer Lip Lube Pencil in The Boss Lady, and Lord & Berry Ultimate Lip Liner in Bare

What do you think?  I am open to styling suggestions if you have them.


See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment