Thursday, November 3, 2016

Disappointed in Myself – Front Room November 2016

This month’s front room update is a complete bust.  I did not even bother to take pictures on Tuesday because there really was not any point.  There has been absolutely no change from what the room looked like in October’s update.  I did not do any cleaning.  I did not unpack anything onto the shelves.  The desk that was ordered has not arrived yet.  The electric work has not been completed.  I did not even do any more planning or shopping during the month.  I am hoping next month I will be able to give a real update.  At the very least, I should have the desk delivered by then.  However, I think it is safe to say that I will not have a completed the front room by the end of the year.

I am so disappointed with myself.  When I embarked on the project, I figured a whole year would definitely be enough time to redecorate one room.  People flip houses in a month, so I could surely unpack boxes, paint, and order furniture to complete one room in a year.  Plus, I thought the blog would hold me accountable because I would want to show progress with each one that I posted.  Even though the process has dragged throughout the year, I kept hope that I would become excited and motivated enough to push through to completion.  Now that I only have two months left, I have to admit that it is not going to happen.  I have no one to blame but myself.  I can use excuses such as work, studying, trips away, things taking longer than I thought, husband creating complications, etc., but the real reason is I am lazy and unmotivated.  I fritter away my time reading, watching Youtube videos, shopping online, being overwhelmed by life.  What time I do not waste, I end up using on the most pressing current chores like dishes, laundry, and paying bills.  I keep having moments of calm where I promise myself I am going to get my life on track to accomplish my goals, but those self-promises are broken as soon as I enter the chaotic noise that is my life.

My plan as of now is to complete the office side of the room during November.  I will get my husband to finish the outlets and light switches.  I will clean the floor.  I will get a desk delivered.  I will put together my two chairs.  I will unpack boxes and arrange the stuff as desired amongst my new desk, shelves, and file.  Maybe I will even get some lighting and hang some things on the wall.  Hopefully, I stick to the plan this time.  I want so much for next month’s blog to be more interesting.  I do not want to keep disappointing myself or my readers.


See you next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment