Thursday, September 1, 2016

Painting, Painting, Painting – Front Room September 2016

This week has been hectic, so I do not have much time to write a blog.  Luckily it is time for my monthly feature, and I already know what needs to go into it.  Here is a brief update on where things stand with the front room.  The comparison pictures are below, August 1st on the left and September 1st on the right.

We are almost done painting!  I feel like I owe my husband an apology.  I was getting so frustrated that he was not making faster progress.  I still believe he has pushed work off for longer than I would have preferred.  Now that I have done some painting though, I understand why it seems like he makes so little progress each weekend that he does work on it (it is hard work!).  We have put in two good weekends of working on the room.  The first weekend, we both were painting.  Together we completed all the blue paint on the walls including all the quirky little corners and out of the way places.  We also did the ceilings and most of the baseboard.  The following weekend, I completed the remainder of the baseboard and painted the front door.  We still need to paint the closet door and put a second coat on the front door (it was a new door with raw primer and it just does not look good with one coat of paint).  Hopefully, I will be able to get this done soon, but at least it does not keep me from ordering furniture and moving forward on the office space.

September is all about furniture shopping.  Prior to furniture, my husband needs to finish replacing light switches and outlets.  I also need to clean the floors really well.  We have some junk to move out of the room as well (you will notice in the pictures that we have desks and computers in the room, thanks to my husband throwing a LAN party while I was out of town).  Once all that is done though, I think I am free to start decorating.  I am nervous about purchasing furniture.  I do not trust my interior decorating instincts much, and I am a little afraid to spend so much money on something that might not work out.  I just have to do it though, because I really, really want a space that is mine and I think it needs furniture.


I think that about covers everything.  See you next week!

  

  

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment