Thursday, January 12, 2017

Around Town: Top Three Casual Eateries: Centreville, VA

I am considering starting a feature on my blog called Around Town, where I review establishments or events around the area in which I live.  It will not be a regular scheduled feature, but just something that I will do on a sporadic basis.  Let me know what you think about it.

For the first Around Town, I wanted to discuss some of my favorite eateries in Centreville, Virginia.  These are top three places that my husband and I like to visit for dinner.  We are rather lazy and casual when it comes to evening meals, so we almost never go out to eat.  As such, all three are restaurants where we can easily order it to bring home.

My husband and I love our pizza.  We use three delivery chains quite frequently:  Papa John’s, Domino’s, and Paisano’s.  When we want to treat ourselves though, we get Ciro’s.  They do not deliver so you have to call in your order and pick it up, but it is worth the inconvenience.  Ciro’s makes New York style pizza.  It is cheesy and greasy, and some of the best pizza I have ever eaten.  We also frequently get the fried calamari which has big pieces that are not overwhelmed by the batter used.  They get a bonus point from me because their ordering system is so simple.  When you call in, they give you a number which you give to the cashier when you pick it up.  The pizza place itself is conveniently located in a shopping center off Route 29.  Parking is plentiful and easy to navigate.  Ciro’s does also cater to the dine-in crowd with a large dining area and pizza sold by the slice at the counter.

After pizza, this little Afghan restaurant is our favorite place for take-out.  Kabob Express serves a variety of Mediterranean style food, including gyros, shawarma, kabobs, and falafel.  The quality of the food is great, very flavorful.  It is a little pricey, but the portion sizes more than make up for that.  My husband and I routinely order one gyro sandwich and one order of fries to split, and I still cannot eat my entire half.  While I expect to get great quality food for the Afghan items, less expected is that they seriously have the best fries I have ever tasted in my life.  This place is conveniently located in the same shopping center mentioned above for Ciro’s.  They do have a small seating area, but we have never dined at the restaurant. 

Foster’s Grille (http://www.fostersgrille.com/)
Foster’s Grille is a small regional chain that caters to the burgers and beer crowd.  Unlike the other two places, we do occasionally eat at the restaurant instead of taking it home.  I love the atmosphere of the place.  It is quiet, low-key, never empty but rarely too crowded, and not too noisy.  It is more of a bar than restaurant, but it still manages to be family friendly.  It has a relatively slim menu:  burgers, hot dogs, and cheese steaks, wings, fries, onion rings, shakes.  They use an easy order process, where each customer fills out an order pad and hands it to the cashier.  The food is wonderful, greasy bar food.  I am not much of a beer drinker, but my husband seems happy with the rotating selection they have.  We frequent the Westfield’s location which is located right off the Westfield's exit on Route 28.  There is plenty of parking in the area, although limited spaces right in front of the restaurant itself.

What are your favorite casual restaurants in the Centreville, VA area?  Any recommendations for places I should try?


See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment