Saturday, August 22, 2015

Short Early Blog

This is my vacation week.  I am going with my husband to visit some of his family in Seattle, WA.  We will be there for almost a week, including over the timeframe I normally use to write and post my weekly blog.  I have contemplated how to cover this week’s blog over the past few weeks as I also debated whether to take my laptop with me.  The final verdict on the laptop is no because I want some technology light, book heavy, relaxing time to be the mainstay of my vacation.  That meant I needed a contingency plan for how to post a blog for this week.

I originally thought I would write it early, so that all I needed to do on my phone is hit the publish button on the correct day.  That did not happen though because work demands ate up too much of my personal time and left me drained when I was not working.  Then, I thought maybe I would use my husband’s laptop to do it.  However, I have never really told him I post the blog and am not sure I am ready to share that with him yet.  Also, I cannot guarantee that I will get enough uninterrupted time on his laptop to write it anyway.  I did consider just posting a little footnote on the last blog saying I will not post next week, but I did not want to completely opt out.  So here I am writing and posting a short blog update on why this week was not quite the same.

How about you?  How do you like to vacation, with or without technology?  How do you cover personal commitments when the conditions are not perfect for doing them?


See you next week (for real)!

No comments:

Post a Comment