Thursday, October 6, 2016

Finally Some Furniture – Front Room October 2016

We have furniture!  It is only some of the furniture that will eventually go into the room, but it is a start.  I actually did not have most of the furniture when I took my comparison pictures on Sunday (a day late since I was out of town).  On Monday, they called to schedule delivery on a couple more pieces.  Two skinny bookshelves and a lateral file were delivered this morning.  I took a picture to include in this month’s update even though it was technically after the monthly cut-off.  Below are the comparison pictures, September 1st on the left and October 2nd on the right.  At the very bottom is the picture I took tonight of the newly delivered items.

Aside from my late delivery of furniture, I do not really have much else to show.  None of the cleanup work from the last update has been done.  My husband still needs to finish the electrical work.  I still need to clean the floor and finish painting the doors and door frame.  My husband and I did clear out some of the computer equipment that had migrated into the room.  Then, I ordered the furniture because I just could not wait any longer.  I have ordered most of the items for the office side of the room.  This includes the two skinny bookshelves, the lateral file, two chairs, and a desk.  The desk will come at a later date, currently estimated at November 4th, so possibly not even making it for the next update.  The two chairs are here in the big boxes which you will see in the pictures below.  I definitely need some new lighting still, but I do not anticipate buying much more for this side of the room.

This coming month will most likely be rough because it is the quarter.  On top of that, I am trying to get back on track for studying for the CPA exam.  This is probably not going to leave me much time or motivation to work on the room.  If I can find some spark of energy in me, I should focus on cleaning the floor first.  Hopefully, I can convince my husband to do the remaining outlets and light switches too.  Other than that, I will work on unpacking some boxes now that I have some places available to put things.  I am also starting to think about what I want on the other side of the room.  I cannot order furniture for that side until I clear out some of the boxes and other stuff.  However, I did measure the room and map it out on some graph paper so I can start playing around with furniture ideas in the space.  I am really excited now that I have some furniture in here, and I like it as much in reality as I did on the website.  Maybe I can do this after all, and I will end up with a room that looks good.


I think that about covers everything.  See you next week!

  

  

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment