Thursday, October 20, 2016

It Is Your Duty to Vote

I was getting ready to write my normal once a quarter cop-out blog.  Instead, I decided to write a very tiny blog encouraging you to go vote.

In a few short weeks, we know one of two people will be the next President of the United States of America.  Please think very carefully about the question of who it should be.  Who do you want to be the next President, Trump or Clinton?  You may not like either one, but surely you have an idea of who you would prefer of the two.  On Election Day, go vote for that person.  Do not cast a ballot for a third party candidate, do not write in a random person, and do not stay at home.  You may feel like doing one of these things is standing on principle, but all you do is increase the chances of the one you do not prefer becoming President.  If it truly does not matter to you who ends up in the White House, then by all means waste your vote.  But if you have a preference, do what you can to help that person win the election.  If you do not, you cannot complain about the results, because you did not do the one thing you could have done to help.

I have considered it, and I have made my choice.  It does not make me proud to vote for this person, but at least I know I am doing my part to keep the other one out of office.  It is all I can do.


Hopefully next week, I will be on track to do the normal entertainment blog for October.  See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment