Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Trying Thursdays

A few weeks (months?) ago, I made the comment that I might try to switch my blog posting night to Thursdays.  I have decided to move forward with this plan.  I do not know if it will stay Thursday or not, but Wednesday is becoming a bit difficult for me.  If one thing is not working well, it makes sense to try something different.  Obviously this blog is up today, Wednesday, but next week I will start posting on Thursday nights.

When I started the blog, Wednesday seemed like the ideal night.  My husband was in class, and I had the house to myself.  When his class ended, he did not sign up for any more onsite night classes.  For a while, I was doing a decent job of pushing him back from the desire to spend all Wednesday nights together.  Usually I compromised by watching one episode of the current shared TV show with dinner, and then spending an hour finalizing my blog and posting.  As long as the blog was written before Wednesday, I could easily make this work.  I was considering switching to Thursdays though because that was his bar night with a friend, so I usually had the house completely to myself.  Then, he made plans to host a Pathfinder (I think that is the right name) game at our house.  I originally thought this was perfect because he would be occupied with his friends all night.  I would be free to spend as much time as I needed blogging.  Unfortunately, I am learning that a Pathfinder session involves six guys making a lot of noise in my front room.  I lose the workspace I usually use, being forced to go downstairs to the basement or upstairs to my bedroom.  Neither of those options is particularly comfortable for spending time on a laptop.  I also do not escape the noise in either place, so I am finding it distracting when doing my work.

My new plan is to give Thursdays a try after all.  However, the day is no longer as perfect as I originally thought it would be when I made the initial suggestion.  Because he is doing the Wednesday night games, my husband has decided to stop the Thursday nights out with the friend.  I have been spending the first half of my Thursday nights watching TV with him.  Then, I go upstairs to put on a face mask and read before bed.  I do not want to lose the pamper time, so I am going to have to push back on the TV time.  Hopefully, this will go over well enough seeing as I have stressed the Thursday is my quiet night.  Maybe he will even be bored by himself for a night and start up the night out with a friend again.  If I get too much pushback or interruption from him though, the blog might go back to Wednesdays.  Or perhaps I will switch to taking my laptop to work with me so I can go somewhere else in the evening to finish my work.   For now, we give Thursdays a chance to work.


See you next week on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment